Randy Seaver of Genea-Musings offers us the following challenge:
For this week’s mission (should you decide to accept it), I want you to:
1) Using the Facebook “Learn About Each Other” meme being passed around this week, answer the 31 questions as listed below.
2) Tell us in a blog post of your own, in a comment to this blog post, in a status line on Facebook or a stream post on Google Plus. Be sure to leave a link to your post in Comments on this post.
Here are the questions. My answers are in green.
- Who are you named after?
My daddy’s paternal grandmother Annie Black Gunter and her sister Suzie Black Skelton.
- Last time you cried?
Thanks to this stage of life, it is a daily occurrence.
- Do you like your handwriting?
No, not anymore. Thanks to years of typing, my handwriting has gotten terribly bad.
- What is your favorite lunch meat?
Mesquite roasted turkey
- Spicy or sweet?
I like both!
- Longest relationship?
I imagine at this point my mother and my Aunt Carolyn would win the prize. We’ve known each other for 51.5 years.
- Do you still have your tonsils?
No. They were removed during Christmas vacation the year that I turned 16.
- Would you bungee jump?
I think it would be a fun adventure, but also one that I would have to pass on.
- What is your favorite kind of cereal?
Peanut Butter Captain Crunch for cold cereal. Oatmeal with brown sugar and syrup wins for hot cereal.
- Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
No. I wear sandals and they just slide off and on.
- Do you think you’re strong?
I used to be referred to as Hercules. I was pretty strong when I was young. At 16 years old, 99 pounds, I could leg press over 700 pounds. Now, I struggle to lift a gallon of milk, thanks to anemia. Emotionally, the answer would have to be no. Everything makes me cry. I have always been a very sensitive, or tender-hearted, person.
- Favorite ice cream?
Blue Bell’s Dutch Chocolate!
- What is the first thing you notice about a person?
Eyes are generally the first thing that I notice about a person.
- Football or baseball?
Neither. I am not a sports fan.
- What color pants are you wearing?
- Last thing you ate?
- What are you listening to?
The hum of this room. It is the loudest room in the house.
- If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
I would be either red or black. Those are two of my favorite colors.
- What is your Favorite Smell?
There are so many wonderful smells that I can’t pin down a favorite, so I’ll go with one of the first that came to mind: freshly mowed grass.
- Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
Our youngest daughter.
- Are you married?
Yes. David and I have been married for just over 32 years.
- Hair color?
Though it is very gray now, it used to be auburn.
- Eye color?
Brown with gold flecks.
- Favorite foods to eat?
Shrimp and cheesecake and Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream.
- Scary movies or happy endings?
At this point in my life, I would have to say happy endings. But there was a time that I loved a good horror movie!
- Last movie you watched?
Swan Princess Royally Undercover.
27.What color shirt are you wearing?
Yellow with little pinkish flowers scattered around it.
- What is your favorite holiday?
It used to be Thanksgiving. I don’t have a favorite holiday anymore.
- Beer or Wine?
Neither. I do not drink. When I did, many years ago, vodka was my poison of choice.
- Night owl or morning person?
I am a night owl through and through. I do my best thinking and writing at night.
- Favorite day of the week?
They are all the same to me. We are retired. We do what we want, when we want, for the most part.